(Closed) Wanted: Front-end web developer
We’re looking for a smart, enthusiastic and seasoned front-end web developer to join our growing team. This is a remote position (unless you happen to be in Dallas, TX).
Good Work is an expert team of web developers that partner with like-minded brands and design agencies to build things for the web. Here’s a few examples of our current projects:
- A wellness dashboard for a large healthcare company
- A native iOS app for a real estate startup
- An online marketplace to help connect people with non profits.
We also handle the technology and support behind a handful of local design agencies, and have a few software projects of our own.
We office out of a cool old house in the heart of the Uptown neighborhood in Dallas, Texas — a short walk from all the bars, restaurants and entertainment you can handle. Half of our team is in Dallas, and half is remote (intentionally!).
- Love what you do and bring that passion into work with you everyday
- Maintain, contribute and adhere to our best practices and documentation
- Build and maintain front-end templates
- Content Management System and web application integration
- Day to day maintenance of existing websites and features
- Quality assurance testing
- Solid understanding of web standards and accessibility
- Possess an analytical mind, questioning everything that you produce
- Ability to jump in and maintain existing projects quickly
- A good eye for design, but not a designer
- Know your way around Creative Suite, especially Illustrator and Photoshop
- Be a good communicator and confident enough to work with clients and meet deadlines
- Experience with the Craft and ExpressionEngine content management systems
- Experience working with a version control system (Specifically Git)
- Know your way around Ruby and PHP front-end templating
- Client-side optimization techniques
Competitive salary, flexible hours, health benefits, retirement plan with company matching, monthly hackathons, etc. We also head out to Colorado every year for a good ol’ fashioned company retreat.
How to apply
If you’re interested, please send us your résumé and portfolio (or GitHub profile!) to [email protected]. You will be asked to discuss your previous work at the interview.
Looking forward to meeting y’all!
FYI: Recruiters will be crushed and melted.